Quantcast
Free Book Reviews Blogoversary Interview: PJ Port |Free Book Reviews

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Blogoversary Interview: PJ Port

During all of 2012 I was so busy with life that I was unable to pay any real attention to my blog and it’s purpose. I still made posts but not with the fervor of the prior year. Now that I am coming up on my anniversary of starting this blog and my life has become somewhat less cluttered I can start to give it a little more attention. I wanted to kick off this year with something new and fun but I also wanted a chance to give authors a way to shout out to readers. This blogs last anniversary I tried to get authors to give away a digital copy of their book and saw some success with that. However this year I do not want to just have authors giving away books to entice readers into checking them out. Therefore, I invite authors to host me on their blog, website or venue to ask me any questions they feel like asking. I would also like it if they would gift one copy of their paperback to the first person to comment on that post. If there are any authors that would like to participate that would be awesomesauce. But wait there is more. Below you will find some crazy questions that I would like to present to those authors willing to host me. Please copy and paste these questions, answer them and then email it as an attachment to me at arobbins 78 @ gmail dot com. Along with the questions provide me with all the links you can imagine and an excerpt of your book if you would like. Don’t be bashful, the world already knows you are crazy, that is why you write books anyway. After I get the answers to the below I will post them in the order received.

Now I bring you an author that was a bit timid in answering my questions but I think she did a great job letting go. Please welcome PJ Port.

Free Book Reviews
If we are supposed to be red with anger, would a Smurf turn purple?

PJ Port
Yes, if their blood is also iron-based and red. But if their blood is marshmellow-based, they might just poof up. Or scorch to brown.

Free Book Reviews
How many times do you use the word “at” in your latest book?

PJ Port
267

Free Book Reviews
You are endowed with the job of creating one word to describe all human emotions in one word. What word would you create and why?

PJ Port
Transemotion. No idea why; it just popped into my head with no explanation attached.

Free Book Reviews
If our time is “my time” plus “your time” then why do we not get twice as much time to complete a task together?

PJ Port
Shared work divides a task, and therefore results in fractional times instead of doubled times.

Free Book Reviews
Make a sentence out of the following words. (it has to make sense)
a. Additional
b. Subjected
c. Silence
d. Scoundrel
e. Systematic

PJ Port
Additional days of silence subjected the scoundrel to systematic episodes of insanity.
(If no other words allowed: Additional systematic silence subjected Scoundrel.)

Free Book Reviews
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop?

PJ Port
According to the Wise Old Owl: three.

Free Book Reviews
You walk into a bathroom and someone left a book laying there. What is the title and why?

PJ Port
Jokes for the John. What more appropriate reading material for the bathroom?

Free Book Reviews
You get abducted by aliens. Where do they take you and why?

PJ Port
My Transport Tales universe. If you create a world, doesn't it come after you eventually? But then, I probably originated there in the first place and need to go back.

Free Book Reviews
You wake up somewhere strange completely naked. Why?

PJ Port
Finally went off the deep end, and identified too strongly with one of my characters. Unlike modest me, most of "them" spend a lot of time naked ... and in bed ... with someone else.

Free Book Reviews
You have to give a deaf, dyslexic directions to your next book signing. How do you accomplish this?

PJ Port
Hire a sign-language person to draw a map and interpret it for them. (Yep. If I'm doing a book signing, I've made enough money to cheat like that.)

Free Book Reviews
Finish this joke. An aardvark, moose and platypus enter a bar…

PJ Port
The aardvark orders an Ant Martini. The moose asks for a Moose-Tracks Shake with lime and vodka. But the platypus can't decide between a Duck-Weed Margarita, a Milk-Weed Sour, or a Flat-Weed Banana Boat Float.

Free Book Reviews
Why is it that when people are asked what they would take with them to a deserted island, no one says “boat”?

PJ Port
Cause when people hear "deserted island," they think "escape for a vacation - fun" instead of "escape from island - wanna get back home"?

Free Book Reviews
If the fans of Doctor Who are called “whovians” and Whos come from Whoville, are they one in the same?

PJ Port
Nope. Whoville folk would be called Whovillians. Unless, of course, the tardis stopped off in Whoville and they all piled in (or just gathered round) to then become Whovillian whovians, a sub-genre of whovians at large, who join hands to sing "Yahoodooray" to the Dr Who theme music.

Free Book Reviews
You are allowed only one word from now on to use to describe everything. What word would you choose and why?

PJ Port
Love. Cause that's all there is, anyway.

Free Book Reviews
Does a Timex really take licking to keep on ticking?

PJ Port
I, ah, never licked mine to find out. But it ticked, anyway. So ... no?

Free Book Reviews
How can Nationwide really be on everyone’s side?

PJ Port
They can't. It's propaganda. Don't listen.

Free Book Reviews
You wake up in the kitchen, chocolate syrup and whipped crème everywhere. Explain yourself.

PJ Port
The dog did it. Oh, right ... I don't have a dog. Ah, ... the gran-kids had a food fight ... and then I slipped in the mess ... and hit my head ... and while I was passed out they decided to turn Gramma into a giant hot fudge sundae. Yeah. That's my story ... and I'm sticking to it.

Free Book Reviews
If Einstein is right and the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results, would that not make sex insane?

PJ Port
Wait. People expect different results each time they have sex? Ahum, well, assuming it's done "properly" (meaning, resulting in happy endings), yep, "expecting a different result" would be insane.

Free Book Reviews
How much was that puppy in the window?

PJ Port
Let's see ... $50, initial investment + lifetime supply of food, shots, vet bills, bedding, chew toys, chewed shoes & furniture & various other items, ..... "Gonna take a lotta love ..."

Free Book Reviews
Congrats, you made it to the last question. Why?

PJ Port
Sleep deprivation often induces weird and unusual behavior. And I'm a weird enough gal to begin with. --At least, there's overwhelming evidence to suggest it, anyway.


Now that you have finished the test you may proceed to hawking your wares. Please be kind and assault our imaginations with your words. For those who do not know it INDIE AUTHORS ROCK. For more things INDIE please visit IWU on Facebook.

Her most recent novel is: Sapphire Wolf ~ a steampunk wolf-man dog-man tale, and love story.
Book info and links to her various author & book pages are assembled here: www.pjport.com and here www.pjport.wordpress.com


excerpt from Sapphire Wolf:

Raylee watched the night landscape, lit by flickering light. And ... at last she saw. —The glint of blue sapphire eyes reflecting an artificial glow.
She stood, eyes marking the horizon with intense focus, pulse quickening. Her post forgotten.

Would he stay put? Hunt? Hide?

A second glint started her feet walking. Sky-work flickers lit boulders in her path, outlined shrubs, and shimmered off water in a second crossing of stream.

—Where her nose caught his scent on the breeze. More pungent than the man, more green than aged, but still spikenard.

She found the cart backed into a cozy alcove. Goats bleated from a long way off and a wolf howled from the same direction.

Raylee hoped the wolf dined as leisurely as the man walked.


Our Nation