Description from Amazon
ANGEL'S REQUIEM: CENTRAL PARK IS THE SCENE FOR THE MURDER IN THIS NYC MYSTERY/ An Aidan Bonner Mystery When Rico, the heir to an art fortune, dies a bizarre death at world famous Bethesda Fountain in NYC, it triggers a chase that leads a trio of investigators to the highest reaches of society in London, Venice and Rome. Characters like Ten PerCent Willie, Cardinal del Prince Castignini, and the impenetrable Marshams, as well as colorful street characters in New York City, Pittsburgh and London, fill the pages of Ms. Kindle's thriller, which is based on Venetian legend. Attorney Libby Cervallo, excop Aidan Bonner-a "make my day" kinda guy, join with David Eisenmann, M.D., a forensic pathologist, to get the facts. Vincent Nasi, the deceased's father, just wants to bury his body and avoid public attention. What lies behind his austere, businesslike facade? It spurs Libby to take Rico's part by refusing to let the investigation die. Angela Nasi, Rico's petite white-haired grandmother, provides Libby with riddles regarding the famous family that hint at supernatural influences of a heavenly type, and Libby is intrigued enough to put aside her lawyerly skepticism to follow the trail wherever it leads. Rico's murder triggers a series of crimes that draw the three friends deeper and deeper as the mystery unravels. The level of danger rises to red alert. However, nothing will deter his close friend, Libby, who will fight for the truth despite her recent battle with breast cancer. Aidan comes along to protect her and Dave wants to provide her with medical care should she need it. The truth is both are suitors for the same beautiful woman. Only one can win her love. A succession of clues lead the trio on a chase "that zigs and zags but rarely lags" according to one enthusiastic reviewer. Murder, mayhem and impending financial debacle force them to a breathtaking finish when the Angel sings her final requiem.
Overall Feedback: This is one mystery you do not want to miss. The author does a superb job with bringing together faith, intrigue, suspense and mystery. I was drawn in from the very first page and did not put it down until the last thrill was had.
Point of View: Rico tells it like it is.
Voice: The message is somewhat hidden but once you find it the meaning flashes through your mind like a bolt of lightening.
Character Development: Although there are several characters in this one the author does well to keep them orderly.
Plot: A thrill ride from beginning to end.
Dialogue: I saw no issues with the dialogue. Seemed natural and non forced.
Pacing: In a few spots the story seemed to slow down but the author was quick on the rebound.
Setting: We all know/suspect this is happening all the time.
Continuity: Just enough left out to make you salivate for the next one in the series (if the author so chooses).
Where to Find
Friday, December 9, 2011
Book Review: Angel's Requiem by Kate Kindle
Book Review: Angel's Requiem by Kate Kindle
Albert Robbins III
9 11|Angel's Requiem|book reviews|italy|Kate Kindle|london|mystery|new york city|redemption|rome|scotland|thriller|vatican|
- December (6)
- November (3)
- October (12)
- September (36)
- August (17)
- July (3)
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (6)
- February (4)
- January (19)
- Book Review: Davi (Tales of Suruale) by Brian Wood...
- Author Interview: Carlos R. Advincola Jr. author o...
- Book Review: The War is Language: 101 Short Works...
- For the Doctor in all of us
- Book Review: Alex Meets Zorba (The Minimonsters) b...
- Author Interview: Alain Gomez author of Hotel Moon...
- Hurry Up and get Free Books for your Kindle
- Christmas Wishes and Holiday Hopes
- Book Excerpt: Benny and the Bank Robber 2: Doctor ...
- Author Interview: Jess C Scott author of The Other...
- Book Review: Last Exit In New Jersey by C.E. Grund...
- Author Interview: Lin Sten author of MINE
- Upcoming Free Book Reviews Birthday Month
- IWU Blog Tour: Arshad Ahsanuddin author of Sunset ...
- Birthright by RJ Palmer is Free Until 12/20/2011
- ALERT: Political Opinion Piece
- Book Review: Game Thief by Carlos Warner
- Contest for Aspiring YA Writers
- Holiday Blog Hop
- KDP Select - Otherwise Known As Kindle Lending Lib...
- Book Review: The Star-Crossed Saga: ProtoStar by B...
- Book Review: Formed of Clay (a novella of betrayal...
- Book Review: Angel's Requiem by Kate Kindle
- Author Interview: Michael Wilson author of Without...
- Author Interview: A.M. Harte author of Hungry For ...
- IWU Blog Tour: Jolea M. Harrison author of Chosen ...
- Books Books Books
- Author Interview: S. Redman White author of CLUMP ...
- November (29)
- October (58)
- September (43)
- August (46)
- July (53)
- June (30)
- May (38)
- April (40)
- March (32)
- February (18)
- January (13)
- December (28)
Other Book Review Sites
- A Wingnut Joins the Dance
- Ask David
- BigAl's Books and Pals
- Books and Novels to Read
- Books On The Knob
- Find Us on Yahoo Associate Content
- Free eBooks for Young Adults
- Grasping For Wind
- Independent Author Interviews
- Indie Book Reviewers
- Kay's Bookshelf
- Lincoln Crisler
- Michy's Book Reviews
- My Bookish Ways
- Reader's Favorite (Amazon Vine Reviewer)
- Red Moon Chronicle
- Review Haven: Fantasy and Sci-Fi
- RJ Palmer
- Self Publisher Store
- Speculative Fiction Examiner
- Step by Step Publishing Reviewer List
- Steven W Johnson - Book Store
- The Black Abyss
- The Indie Ebook Review Site
- The Indie View
- The Inner Bean
- Workaday Reads