Monday, August 8, 2011
The Vampire Across the Hall
Daisi Malone lives in the Presidio Building in Newtown, Sydney, Australia. The building is mysterious and its residents even more so. There is the couple with lots of children, the Glee Club and the English Backpackers- although not for long. In this, the first story by Daisi Malone, she meets her neighbour, Madden, the Vampire across the hall.
The Second book in the series, The Vampire Across the Hall 2- The Murmuring Lift, has been published under the name Daisi Malone.
Overall Feedback: Overall this was a great introduction to the characters and storyline. This read more like an excerpt than a short story. So it gives the feel of a teaser more than a stand alone short story.
Point of View: You are experiencing the world through the eyes of Daisy and which the author does a stellar job of bringing to life.
Voice: There really is not enough story here to be compelled to read on but you do get interested enough in the storyline to read the second in the series.
Character Development: Again with the length of this short you have barely the time but with this in mind the Author does give you a small emotional connection with the main character so I would have to say the author did average in this area.
Plot: Straightforward and to the point. Not a single problem here.
Dialogue: The character dialogue was a little sticky in places but overall I would say the author did a wonderful job at keeping this part of the short interesting and flowing.
Pacing: This is where the size comes into play, you will fly right through the story as the author does not have the space to deter from the track as it were.
Setting: The details in the story give you an exact idea of the place and surroundings of Daisy and you may get goosebumps while reading.
Continuity: Here the author was masterful in leaving it open enough to hook you into the second book but not leaving it so open that you are to confused to continue.
Where to Find
The Vampire Across the Hall
Albert Robbins III
australia|book reviews|daisi malone|Leann Richards|newtown|sydney|The Vampire Across the Hall|vampire|
- December (6)
- November (3)
- October (12)
- September (36)
- August (17)
- July (3)
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (6)
- February (4)
- January (19)
- December (28)
- November (29)
- October (58)
- September (43)
- Author Interview: Heather Hudak author of Wanderl...
- Book Review: Mauria by Steve North
- Sundays with Halo by Jared Huber
- Giveaway: Rys Rising Book I by Tracy Falbe
- Author Interview: JT Kalnay author of Mina's Eyes
- Indie Author Participation
- Book Review: Troubles: Eighteen Everlasting by Tra...
- Book Review: Transplant by David Moreton
- Author Interview: Kelvin O'Ralph author of LS: The...
- Giveaway: Solution Squared by Mike Fontenot
- Giveaway: The Zona by Nathan L. Yocum
- Book Review: The Wings of Leo Spencer by Jerome Pa...
- Book Review: The Vampire Across the Hall-2. The Mu...
- Author Interview: Linda Hawley author of Dreams Un...
- The Nation Gets A Forum
- Book Review: Darkside by S.K.S. Perry
- Author Giveaways on Free Book Reviews - HELP!!!
- Our First Sunday with HALO
- A few things to Go over
- Author Interview: David Brown author of Fezariu's ...
- Book Review: Three Hearts to Village Runa by Anton...
- Asking For Resources for Writers
- Book Review: For the Love of Texas by John D. Schu...
- Author Interview: Michelle Scott author of Uncommo...
- Inspiration and Determination
- Author Interview: V.L. Green author of When Destin...
- Book Review: Learn Chinese through Songs and Rhyme...
- Book Review: Blue, Selected Short Stories Vol. Two...
- Free Book Reviews Joins the Newsletter Generation
- Author Interview: Kevin M. Villegas author of The ...
- Author Interview: Ali Cooper author of Cave
- Book Review: A Self-Publisher's Companion by Joel ...
- RJ Palmer is Celebrating
- Author Interview: Marise Ghorayeb author of Histor...
- The Vampire Across the Hall
- I know what we're going to do today!
- Author Interview: Chris M. Finkelstein author of B...
- The Borderlands of Power: The Rys Chronicles Book ...
- The Telescope Builder and Other Stories
- Author Interview: Sally Bennett author of Homegrow...
- The Sweepers
- New Release by Author Tracy Falbe
- Author Interview: Stella Deleuze author of Excuse ...
- Be the People: A Call to Reclaim America's Faith a...
- False Witness
- Waiting for Pops: A Journey from Boy to Man
- July (53)
- June (30)
- May (38)
- April (40)
- March (32)
- February (18)
- January (13)
Other Book Review Sites
- A Wingnut Joins the Dance
- Ask David
- BigAl's Books and Pals
- Books and Novels to Read
- Books On The Knob
- Find Us on Yahoo Associate Content
- Free eBooks for Young Adults
- Grasping For Wind
- Independent Author Interviews
- Indie Book Reviewers
- Kay's Bookshelf
- Lincoln Crisler
- Michy's Book Reviews
- My Bookish Ways
- Reader's Favorite (Amazon Vine Reviewer)
- Red Moon Chronicle
- Review Haven: Fantasy and Sci-Fi
- RJ Palmer
- Self Publisher Store
- Speculative Fiction Examiner
- Step by Step Publishing Reviewer List
- Steven W Johnson - Book Store
- The Black Abyss
- The Indie Ebook Review Site
- The Indie View
- The Inner Bean
- Workaday Reads