(This is book 2 in the Black Earth series)
The stars have fallen, and the world is tilting into darkness…
“From dust you came, to ash you go.” – These terrifying words are found spray-painted on an office wall in Tucson. It is a message left by Legion, an otherworldly entity that traveled to Earth in the fallen stars. Now Legion is enveloping the world in darkness, disintegrating almost everything in its path, leaving nothing to stand in its way of the planet’s destruction.
Nathan Pierce is on the run for forging the president’s mandatory barcode tattoo. With a bounty on his head, Nathan finds an unexpected ally in Cynthia Ruin, who agrees to help him save his sister, Daisy, from being executed for treason. But Cynthia’s mother, Theresa, is the one who betrayed Nathan and Daisy. Surrounded by suspicion and doubt, Nathan struggles to stay one step ahead of the world that’s against him, and keep tabs on Cynthia, who may or may not end up selling him out in the end.
In the midst of the darkness, those still alive are forced to fight against Legion’s malevolence or lose their humanity beneath it.
Picking up right where the first book in this series left off and introducing more characters while still improving the storyline. This book is a great continuation of the first and will keep you just as enthralled. I do warn however, do read the first before reading this or you will be lost.
Where to Find:
Barnes & Noble
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Black Earth: The Broken Daisy
Black Earth: The Broken Daisy
Albert Robbins III
adventure|Black Earth: The Broken Daisy|book|book reviews|dark|David N. Alderman|edgy|fantasy|gritty|intense|kindle author|novel series|post-apocalyptic|
- December (6)
- November (3)
- October (12)
- September (36)
- August (17)
- July (3)
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (6)
- February (4)
- January (19)
- December (28)
- November (29)
- October (58)
- September (43)
- August (46)
- July (53)
- June (30)
- May (38)
- Extreme Difference
- Lovestruck Succubus
- Drum Dance
- Dark Quarry: A Mike Angel PI Mystery
- Press Release:THE GEORGE CARLIN LETTERS: THEPERMAN...
- Author Interview: Richard Sanders author of Dead L...
- Book Reviews: Paid or Free (what is best)
- Dark Poison: A Mike Angel Private Eye Mystery
- Author Interview: Marti Talbott author of Marti T...
- New Book Makes Nutritional Science Obsolete
- MARS, The Novel by Anonymous 31062
- Dragon's Pupils - The Sword Guest
- Silencing the Anger Inside Us: The Answer Publishe...
- Dead Line (The Quinn McShane Stories)
- Infinite Possibilities: Chronicles, Volume One: 28...
- Dark Lake
- Guest Post: Start Your Own Book Club
- Dancing In Your Bubble: Ancient teachings, Modern ...
- Coffee @ 4:00
- Author Interview: Wez Thompson author of How To Sa...
- No He Can't: How Barack Obama Is Dismantling Hope ...
- The Cemetery Vote
- Breath of Angel
- Body Swap
- Black Earth: The Broken Daisy
- TROPHY (THE TROPHY SAGA)
- Eighteen Everlasting
- When We Were Mutants & Other Stories
- Author Interview: John Conroe author of God Touche...
- Sugar & Spice
- Falling Star (The Watchers)
- cyberhug.me: hacktivist cyberwars for human rights...
- Living from the Heart
- Soul Quest
- The Treasures of Carmelidrium
- We, The Watched
- Dark Blonde: A Mike Angel Private Eye Mystery
- Author Interview: Elizabeth Reyes author of Foreve...
- March (32)
- February (18)
- January (13)
Other Book Review Sites
- A Wingnut Joins the Dance
- Ask David
- BigAl's Books and Pals
- Books and Novels to Read
- Books On The Knob
- Find Us on Yahoo Associate Content
- Free eBooks for Young Adults
- Grasping For Wind
- Independent Author Interviews
- Indie Book Reviewers
- Kay's Bookshelf
- Lincoln Crisler
- Michy's Book Reviews
- My Bookish Ways
- Reader's Favorite (Amazon Vine Reviewer)
- Red Moon Chronicle
- Review Haven: Fantasy and Sci-Fi
- RJ Palmer
- Self Publisher Store
- Speculative Fiction Examiner
- Step by Step Publishing Reviewer List
- Steven W Johnson - Book Store
- The Black Abyss
- The Indie Ebook Review Site
- The Indie View
- The Inner Bean
- Workaday Reads